The CSR Strategy of Doosan includes the goal of becoming Global CSR leading company by 2020, the mission of supporting responsible and sustainable growth, the three CSR pillars, and the seven CSR priorities.
The three pillars of the CSR strategy include the developing people, reliable operation, and responsible engagement, which also involve the following seven CSR priorities:
- - Strengthen people development within the Group influence sphere
- - Build Great Workplace with focus on human respect
- - Minimize environmental footprints through green management
- - Reinforce fair operation
- - Improve product & service accountability
- - Strengthen stakeholder participation
- - Develop strategic community involvement & development.
Doosan’s CSR Strategy has great significance in that it has been introduced through the participation of the stakeholders in the preparation process and pointed out the core issues of CSR, which were the basis for the strategy, and its differentiation and excellence can be found in the clear representation of Doosan’s unique identity and CSR priorities. Also, the CSR strategy aims to reach beyond simple contribution, charity work or other philanthropic activities to meet the different demands of the stakeholders while improving the sustainability of the company.
Based on its CSR Strategy, Doosan will determine a CSR driving strategy for each field, minimize risks, improve business competitiveness, and determine activities that will contribute to creating shared values (CSV). The performances and future plans of such CSR activities can be available to all the stakeholders via the CSR report and other documents to be made public.