- 1937 Established Chosun Machine Works
Doosan Infracore began its history in 1937 as Chosun Machine Works. The Company opened Korea’s first large-scale machinery factory at Incheon in 1942. In 1963, the company was became a state-run enterprise and was renamed Korea Machinery Industries Corp., supporting the country's industrial modernization. Korea Machinery Industries was the first operation in Korea to produce diesel engines, forklift trucks, rolling stock and other machinery products. The company’s factory was soon expanded and upgraded to extend its operations.
- 1966 Listed on the Korea Stock Exchange
- 1975 Completed the construction of Incheon Diesel Engine Factory
- 1977 Completed the construction of Changwon Machine Tools Factory
Completed the construction of Incheon Excavator and Forklift Factory
In 1976, the company was renamed to Daewoo Heavy Industries Ltd. and began to play a leading role in the advancement of the domestic machinery industry in step with government policies, supporting the heavy industry and chemical sectors. A new diesel engine factory was completed along with factories for excavators, forklifts and machine tools, creating a modern industrial base. The company also established an R&D unit to develop technology in-house, while continuing to purchase advanced technologies externally. As a result, the company quickly evolved into a well-rounded machinery manufacturer.
- 1981 Established the Central R&D Center
- 1984 Completed the construction of Changwon Defense Equipment Factory
The company also entered the aerospace industry, supplying General Dynamics with F-16 airframe parts, and completed a new factory dedicated to defense industry manufacturing.
- 1986 Started mass production of the excavator model developed in-house
At the same time, the company continued to broaden its line of diesel engines, excavators, forklift trucks, and machine tools, and consolidated its internal product and technology development. In-house brands were created for all major product lines, including the Solar excavator and Storm engine series. The acquisition of proprietary technology and cutting-edge know-how provided a further springboard for growth.
- 1990 Established Doosan Infracore Europe S.A. in Belgium
In the 1990s, the company (still then known as Daewoo Heavy Industries) began to cultivate overseas markets and accelerate its activities outside Korea. A machinery production subsidiary in Europe opened in 1990 (Korea’s first in Europe) followed by a plant in China in 1994. Subsequently, sales subsidiaries and branches opened in the US, the UK, France, Germany, Italy among other locations. As the company grew its global presence, a vast dealer network also began to develop.
- 1994 Established Doosan Infracore U.K., Ltd. in the U.K.
- Established Doosan Infracore China Co., Ltd. in Shandong, China
Doosan Infracore was the first Korean heavy machine company to set up an Excavator Forklift manufacturing subsidiary in China. This subsidiary has an overwhelming advantage in the current Chinese excavator market.
- 1996 Received the Grand Prize in the Korea Quality Awards
- 1998 Established Doosan Infracore Germany GmbH in Germany
Established Doosan Infracore America Corp. in the USA
Completed the construction of Forklift Factory in Shandong, China
- 2003 Established Doosan Infracore Machine Tools Yantai Co., Ltd. in Shandong, China
- 2004 Awarded the USD 1 Billion Export Tower during the Trade Day